19 July 2019

Where Are The Gravel Roads?

Dear Mom and Dad,


We safely arrived and checked into our hotel in Chicago. As a married couple, I’m sure you know this, but want to test a couple’s patience? Put them in a car for eight hours together. Our drive was fine through Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, but once we hit Illinois. All hell about broke lose. First, Wisconsin is beautiful to travel through.



I embarrassingly asked if we would go over the Mississippi River to get to Chicago. If looks could make you feel stupid, I’d have a “stupid” tattoo on my forehead after Michael looked at me. We only stopped twice and made it to Illinois. I can’t handle traffic. Mike can’t handle my sidebar comments. Add in three tolls worth $5.90, and we finally made it to to Chicago.




Add in stop and go traffic. 


Leads to exact moment Michael about lost it on me. 
  


Just kidding. He was very patient but tired and ready to get out of the car and into the hotel. We decided to check for a few snacks from the vending machine to pair with our wine and had a huge selection of two Milky Way’s or one bag of Cheetos. 



Safe to say that we will be eating out tonight. Sushi is the plan for dinner and deep dish pizza tomorrow. I’ll update again before boarding the plane. 

Love you both,

Matti and Michael

1 comment:

Split, Croatia

Dear Mom and Dad, Split, Croatia, was our last stop on this amazing adventure. This was easily one of the prettiest places that I've...