19 July 2019

New year. New continent. Same sassy attitude.

Dear Mom and Dad,

I’m excited to start traveling again. Michael and I are ecstatic to take on Europe. We have lots to do in a very short trip. Eleven days to take on four countries. It’s going to go crazy fast, but we are up to the challenge. Now that I have a big kid job,  traveling Europe is possible. I loved my travels to the third world countries and all the time spent there. This time it’s going to cost a pretty penny but well worth it. Since my last post, I took a teaching job at Spirit Lake. I didn’t stop traveling though. My mom and I went to Greece last summer, and we went to Mexico last Christmas as a family. I should do a blog post to update those adventures when I get home.

Our route this trip includes driving to Chicago and staying the night. We will then fly to Lisbon, Portugal for a one hour layover and then land in Barcelona, Spain. I’m hoping my Spanish comes back to me! Our hostel is right on the beach, so maybe my tan will return too. Doubtful though as I am a firm believer in sunscreen. Michael couldn’t handle how long it took me to pick out sunscreen at Walmart, but he’ll be thanking me later. After three full days there, we fly to Munich, Germany. Michael studied German in high school, so he’s going to play the role as translator in that country. After three days in Germany, Rome, Italy is on the to-do list. Our last stop is the beautiful Split, Croatia. Now most would be sad to end such an awesome vacation, but not us because when we get home, we are going straight to Cedar Rapids where we get to meet my baby niece. Words cannot explain how exciting having a baby in the family is going to be. She’ll be perfect just like her auntie.

I’m really going to miss our puppy, Edward. This will be the longest that I’ve ever left him. He’s in the best hands possible: my parents. I hope he recognizes me when I get home. I told him about the rules: no barking, play nice with Ellie, and don’t eat the butter sticks, but I’m sure at least one of them gets broken.

Here’s to another safe adventure!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Split, Croatia

Dear Mom and Dad, Split, Croatia, was our last stop on this amazing adventure. This was easily one of the prettiest places that I've...