23 November 2011

Things that annoy me

Dear Mom and Dad,

Things that annoy me:

1. Beggers. Old ladys that hang on you wanting money. Get your filthy hands off me. If I gave everyone a $1, I would spend $15 a day on them alone. I'm sorry, but I need to eat too.

2. Story tellers. They get on the bus and yell some sad story that I barely understand. It usually goes how their parents abandoned them and they don't want to sell drugs on the street. Then they try to bully you into giving them money to help provide for their wife and kids. When they start yelling, Charlie and pretend to sleep.

3. Stray dogs. They are EVERYWHERE. At first I thought they were cute, but now they're just annoying. They bark all the time, get into fights; plus, who knows what diseases they carry.

4. Paying 15 cents to use a pulic bathroom. What am I even paying money for? They are disgusting and not clean. They don't even have soap to wash your hands afterwards. Thank you Germ-X.

5. Teenage boys. I'm sick of them talking shit about me thinking I can't understand them. Some gringos do know Spanish.

6. Street walkers. I move out of your way when you're coming at me. Don't hip/elbow check me when all you have to do is step to the side.

7. Shop owners. I want to take my time and look for things on my own. Hovering over me while I look won't make me buy more things. Give me some damn space and maybe I'll purchase something. Showing me the same thing in 12 different colors isn't being helpful. It's chasing me away.

8. Budgers. Everyone budges. If you're clearly waiting in line for the bathroom, bus, to buy tickets, buy desserts, anything, they WILL budge if you're not posted up with your bows out.

Two things I enjoy:

1. Pop in glass bottles. Fanta, 7-up, and coca-cola all taste better out of a glass bottle.

2. Ice cream being sold at every bus stop. You don't even have to get off. They come to you. NOW that's the service I want.

We have been in Baños for three days now. We bused three hours from Otavalo to Quito, one hour across the town of Quito, and what seemed to be 6 hours from Quito to Baños. This place seems really cool with white water rafting, lots of hiking, go carts, horseback riding, zip lines, but the only thing I've seen is the baño. Food Poisoning. Bad. Out both ends. I even pooped my pants once. The traveler´s life isn't so great at times, and I have found the downfall. How does this happen to me before Charlie? I mean he's the one with all the stomach problems. Let's hope for a better day today...I'm sick of being confined to my room.

Love always,

Matti Jo

3 comments:

  1. Well good thing you have this blog to blow off some steam...I have never traveled in Mexico without enjoying "Montezuma's Revenge" as your condition is commonly called. Hang in there! Hope you can add more thing to your "enjoy" list! Mom Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matti,
    It is not hard to see the frustration you have in your writtings!!! Cheer up you have not been feeling good so most things are REALLY annoying you. When you are back up to par things will fall into place for you!!Plus it is Thanksgiving tomorrow so you are probably alittle crabby you are not getting a little turkey (don't worry when you get back we will have a T.G. feast with turkey and all the trimmings!) just remember to keep your guard up---and have each others back and it sounds like you are!!
    Lots of love to you and Charlie--
    Mom Mitchell

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to hear there are some dogs around! Could you like send me some pics!

    ReplyDelete

Split, Croatia

Dear Mom and Dad, Split, Croatia, was our last stop on this amazing adventure. This was easily one of the prettiest places that I've...