11 November 2011

Onto the airports

Dear Mom and Dad,                                       11/9/11

It´s 6:30 pm, and Charlie and I are waiting to board our first flight. Thanks so much dad for driving us to the airport. I cried when I said goodbye to mom this morning because I will miss her love and comfort! Saying goodbye to you was much easier because you had shear excitement in your eyes. J.D. acted like he didn´t care, but I could tell  he will miss me. I really hope our dog, Ruby, is still alive up our arrival. I don´t remember if I even kissed her goodbye.

Currently, Charlie is in the bathroom because his pen exploded all over his hands. This will be the only time we separate from each other. Omaha is pretty safe. Here is a picture of both of our packs. I can´t believe we will be living out of these small bags for the next three months. Mine weighed 16 lbs. and Charlie´s 17 lbs.


This next picture is of us at the airport. Look how smiley we are. Do you think the rest of the airport pictures will be of us smiling this big?


Our going away party was a huge success! I had a great time and thank you so much for providing the wine and food. Charlie did an excellent job preparing and cooking the food. I DID HELP.....cut  the peppers. We were blessed to have each family member bring a dish of our favorite food. Of course my favorite was the broccoli/bacon dish  (made by Nanny) and Jodi´s butterscotch dessert.


I´m not ready for this trip, but it´s either sink or swim at this point. For me, I´ll probably belly flop right in, and then hopefully swim. Ready or not, here I go.


Current Worries:
- Making it to S.A.
- Making it to our hostal, The Vibes
- Speaking the language and not  being understood
- Missing my family too much

Love always,

Matti Jo

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear things are going good. Yes I agree party was great!!! So gald I had a chance to meet Charlie's Dad and Mom, I called Wendy Thursday night and let her know you two had made it and were safe. The left over wine has not gone to waste Dad and I have finished it off. It is the weekend:)
    Love you MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. you did kiss Ruby. In the morning when just you and I were up , we were sitting in the living room talking,Ruby was sitting by you -- you petted her head softly, kissed her and said I hope you are here when I return, (I won't say what I said) you again patted her head and told her you are a good dog! She is tired today, Dad took her on a walk to the football field to watch the high school practice... she had to stop 3 times on the way home to rest. So she is tired but doing good:)

    ReplyDelete

Split, Croatia

Dear Mom and Dad, Split, Croatia, was our last stop on this amazing adventure. This was easily one of the prettiest places that I've...