11 November 2011

Flight after Flight

Dear Mom and Dad,                                11/10/11

I´m writing this post at 7:30 am as Charlie and I are on our second flight to Miami. One more and we will be in Quito, Ecuador! Our first flight from Omaha to O´Hare was in a painfully small aircraft. The plane had two seats, an aisle, and then one seat. This plane isn´t too much bigger with two seats, and aisle, and then two seats. The next plane better be a normal size one.

Charlie and my first night together was anything but glamorous. We slept in the freezing cold airport. The sleeping bags were our only saving grace. Dad, you´re so smart in recommending/buying them. I can´t thank you enough! Here we are after just waking up, and our spirits are still high!





I´m exhausted and will be drinking my first diet coke of the day. SO NEEDED! The snacks we brought have also saved us money, so we will only be buying one meal in the airport. (Charlie is happy about that.)

I have also taught Charlie how to play gin. As of right now, I currently beat him everytime. A few weeks form now?....he will probably start dominating since his probability skills are better than mine.

There is also a young brother and sister seated behind us. They've been arguing the ENTIRE flight about who´s more annoying. I can´t help but listen and giggle. It makes me miss my siblings, and I´d give anything to bicker with Mallory and J.D. or least tell them they are annoying. :) I sure do miss them.

LAST FLIGHT                                             2:00pm

Our last flight was the most comfortable one we have been on. We had a hot chicken dinner with a fresh brownie/cake like dessert. Did I mention free wine? Rest assure mom and dad, Charlie and I got our money´s worth. Here is a pciture of us enjoying the wine.


Getting on the plane was no small task. We had to go through security again in Miami. What a pain it was. Every person ahead of us had at least six personal bags. I seriously thought we weren´t going to make the plane. I think Charlie had the same thoughts as me, but he tried to remain calm for my comfort. I also forgot I had an open water bottle in my pack, which lead to a little trouble. 

On the plane, I am also enjoying the movie "Bad Teacher" (hilarious) and the show "Friends." I hope the rest of the flights are this nice.

Things I wish I would have brought so far:
- warm hat
- wet ones
- Kleenex
-pocket mirror

Here´s to good vino and a great trip! 

Love always,

Matti Jo

P.S. I have pictures of our  hostel and stories to go along with that since I´m behind in updating this blog, but there is a time limit on the computers, and I´m getting the death glare from other guests. Tomorrrow I´ll hit up an Internet cafe and and update the blog up until that point.

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures keep them coming!! Your headband gives you the feminne touch you were looking for, due to no makeup, jewlery, etc. Tell Charlie hi, you two look to be having a great time.... just remember take eveything one day at a time and be a traveler..
    The traveler sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see.
    Love you MOM XXOO

    ReplyDelete

Split, Croatia

Dear Mom and Dad, Split, Croatia, was our last stop on this amazing adventure. This was easily one of the prettiest places that I've...